Bouygues Bâtiment International (BBI) is a general contractor operating in some twenty countries through a network of local subsidiaries. We have been awarded and completed over 50 PPP projects and over 1000 D&B projects worldwide. BBI applies its capacity for technical (ISO 9001 certification) and commercial innovation, cutting-edge engineering skills and expertise in development of offices, hotels, airports, schools, housing, exhibition centres, leisure facilities, etc. www.BouyguesBuildingCanada.com.
Bouygues Building Canada (BBC) is a young subsidiary of BBI and locates in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto. We are currently looking for a Safety Officer to join our team in Toronto.
The Safety Officer reports to the Superintendant and has the following responsibilities:
• Assist the Superintendant and site teams to implement and maintain BBC's HS&E Program (as well as trade contractors own HS&E programs) and ensure compliance to the requirements of local Ontario legislation;
• Implement systems to ensure all site workers comply with all relevant legal safety requirements at the start of the job and while working to complete scopes of work.
• Identify safety training needs, organize and co-ordinate safety training courses and prepare training material where appropriate
• Co-ordinate the safety meetings and draft safety communications
• Work with the site teams to assist sub-trades and suppliers to address gaps in their safety programs
• Assist the Superintendant with the investigation of all accidents/incidents and near misses; establish root causes and formulate a plan of action to correct non-compliant behavior or conditions
• Assist with statistical reporting on accident trends, costs and frequency
• Assist with the implementation of return to work programs for injured workers.
• Assist with any site specific safework planning and procedure implementation.
• Review and update Emergency Procedures as and when necessary
• Other duties as required
• A minimum of 2 years experience in working with Safety Programs in construction industry;
• Have in possession a valid CSO ticket and a valid Level 2 (or 3) First Aid ticket
• Working knowledge of all related safety and employment legislation;
• Strong construction site and safety knowledge;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with MS OFFICE including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to be Hands-On when required
Construction site environment; may require frequent travel to job sites for safety inspections, meetings, investigations and other safety services.
Please email us a copy of your cover letter and resume, if you are interested in the position.
Location: Toronto, ON
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.