Casual Massage Therapist (Toronto) in Toronto, Ontario For Sale
|Details for:||Casual Massage Therapist (Toronto)|
|Date posted:||27 November 2011|
|Type:||For Sale - Private|
|Other:||The ad is older than 2 months.|
|Contacts:||Reply by email|
|Edit your ad|
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Responsible for providing ultimate experiences within our luxury spa environment through professional massage treatments. S/he has an in depth understanding of the body along with a wonderful touch to perform exceptional treatments in a timely, courteous and efficient manner. S/he escorts clients to and from treatment rooms, attends to any immediate needs throughout Spa visit. S/he maintains impeccable cleanliness of Spa and has an acute awareness of hygiene and sanitation and the spa. S/he has passion for providing outstanding service experiences through your holistic massage treatments and exceptional guest care.
• A minimum of 2 years related work experience in a luxury spa environment
• Must be a Registered Massage Therapist with the Association of Ontario (RMT) with own Liability Insurance
• Experience with a variety of massage treatments such as Swedish, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, and Pre-natal
• Qualified and Registered Massage Therapist in Ontario
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Possess a genuine passion for treatments with a focus on customer service in a luxury environment
• Basic computer knowledge
• Genuine enthusiasm for working in the spa/service industry
• Possess a good command of the English language and the ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate with guests and follow employees
• Professional image and personality
• Ability to maintain all company standards and procedures
• Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and in demanding situations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of all guests and general hotel information
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evening
• Ability to go the extra mile, to provide extra attention to ensure guest satisfaction
• Possess superior treatment skills with a holistic approach
• Accustomed to offering after care advice and recommending retail products to suit the guests requirements and goals
• Ability to connect with each guest and to deliver a unique experience each and every time
• Great eye for detail and a willingness to go above and beyond to provide each guest with a memorable visit
• Valuable team player with integrity and respect
• Police Record Check
• Valid Massage Therapy Insurance
Safety and Security
• Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
• Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
• Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
• Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
Policies and Procedures
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers at all times.
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
• Attend all mandatory and recommended training.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
• Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
• Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
• Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
• Endorse the Ritz Carlton philosophy at all times
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
• Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
Working with Others
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
• Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
• Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
• Carryout spa treatments
Provide Spa/Salon Services
• Monitor and stick to time schedule to stay on schedule throughout the day.
• Confirm guest first and last name and type of treatment scheduled prior to beginning treatment.
• Examine guests' skin, hair, or nails to evaluate condition and appearance.
• Determine if condition of guest's skin, hair, or nails prevents being able to complete a service and suggest an alternate service if necessary.
• Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, pregnancy) before beginning service.
• Handle inappropriate guest behavior by stopping service and informing supervisor/manager.
• Maintain current licensure in service area (e.g. massage therapy, nail services) by taking continuing education if needed and renewing license before expiration date.
• Advise guests on proper skin, hair, or nail care and recommend home care regimens.
• Determine which products or services will improve a guest's appearance or meet his/her needs.
• Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes to ensure guest comfort and safety.
• Check with guest to ensure continued comfort throughout service (e.g. temperature, pressure).
• Escort guests to and from treatment rooms.
• Demonstrate, promote, and sell spa/salon retail products to each guest.
• Offer guests amenities such as water, juice, or heated neck pillows.
• Promote and sell spa/salon services and provide appropriate aftercare advice to guests.
• Check computer for updates and changes to schedule regularly throughout the day.
• Develop and propose guest treatment plans that specify beneficial products and services.
• Provide waxing services, skincare services such as facials to guests using steamer, lamp, high frequency wand, and/or products, body treatments and other menu services to guests.
Maintain Spa/Salon Environment
• Set up workstation and/or treatment room with necessary products, equipment, and supplies prior to beginning treatment prior to beginning treatment.
• Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools (e.g. nail implements, hot stones) and equipment (e.g. wax pots, steamers).
• Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift.
• Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
• Dispose of trash and dirty linens in the proper area.
The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
To apply: Click the link below
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
spa administrator/massage therapist neeeded for a medical spa Location: toronto Compensation: 11/hr to start This is...
Date: 18 Jan
Looking for a young woman to provide ongoing massage therapy 1-3 times a week. No experience necessary but you should...
Date: 18 Jan
We are looking for a C++ developer: Responsible for development of code components- adding or altering functionality...
Date: 18 Jan
Lavender Day Spa is an organic & natural spa, located in the heart of Toronto's vibrant Yonge and Eglinton...
Date: 17 Jan
ELEGANT FULL MEDICAL DAY SPA IS LOOKING FOR FULL AND PART REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF...
Date: 17 Jan
We're a very busy spa located in North York looking for female massage attendants to join our team. We offer you a...
Date: 17 Jan