Zipp Flashpoint FP60 Front Wheel - 700C - Clincher
Price: $500.00 - NEW
The Zipp Flashpoint wheel series used to be one of the best kept secrets. A pure weapon in technology and aerodynamics that could be unleashed come race day. Flashpoint wheels take advantage of Zipps continuing research and development. To keep you competitive, they build wheels using most of the same technology that aero-wheel giant ZIPP uses on wheels that cost twice as much. The 58 mm deep Flash-point 60 is based on the ZIPP 404, and has the same bulging profile (what they call a ìHybrid-Torodialî rim shape), which sucks air onto the rim surface to reduce drag. As air slips past the wheel, it breaks off and forms eddies behind the wheel, creating drag. That's not all that's borrowed from parent company ZIPP. In order to enhance that smooth carbon feel, Flash-point has borrowed VCLC (Visco-Elastic Layer Technology), which sandwiches a layer of vibration damping material between carbon lay-up layers.
Not only do you get ZIPP technology rolling beneath you for half the price, you also get the convenience of running clincher tires and using regular aluminum rim brake pads. Flash-point wheels mean you no longer have to break the bank to get an unfair advantage over your competitors.
* Structural woven carbon rim ensures strength and durability
* Vibration damping comfort
* Aluminum braking surface provides strong, smooth stopping
* Carbon performance, clincher convenience
* Same toroidal aerodynamic rim shape used by the world's most aerodynamic wheels
* SAPIM 18 spokes with alloy nipples
* Anodized hubs
* Japanese bearings
* Hand-built in Speedway, Indiana USA